How to Winterize Your Truck
Have you winterized your truck? As the temperatures drop, your truck needs some extra attention to keep it running all winter long.
Check out the tips below on how to winterize your truck.
- Pack an emergency kit. Include items such as food, blankets, tools and medical supplies in case you get stuck and have to wait for help to arrive.
- Check cooling system. The cooling system, hoses, belts and the radiator should be checked for problems. Pull in to your next Love's Truck Tire Care or Speedco location for our mechanics to do the work for you.
- Fuel additives can help prevent your fuel from gelling in the cold weather. Learn more about Love's exclusive Cold Weather Program.
- Examine battery and electrical systems. Low temperatures drain batteries faster, so be sure to know the age and condition of your batteries. Stop in any Speedco or Love's Truck Tire Care shop to get your battery tested by our highly trained technicians.
- Inspect Tires. Tire pressure changes with the weather. Use Love's TirePass to help prevent costly roadside emergencies and maximize your tire life.
My Love Rewards points can help prepare you for winter as well. You can spend or earn My Love Rewards points on the products and services listed above.