Giving is Central to Love's Culture
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores provides support to 501 (c)(3) nonprofits whose reach extends across Oklahoma and beyond. In addition to donations made to local organizations such as the United Way of Central Oklahoma and the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation, Love’s is proud to contribute to national organizations such as Teach for America and Operation Homefront, among others. Love's also supports institutions of higher education such as the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, the University of Central Oklahoma, Oklahoma City University and Langston University.
Each Love's location nationwide donates a part of its budget to the local nonprofit of its choice -- and at new store openings, Love's presents a check to a local charity during a ribbon cutting event in partnership with the local Chamber of Commerce. Giving generously is at the core of Love's culture because the organization values the communities in which its Customer and Team Members live and work.
Love's Customers give generously, too! Each Love's location nationwide participates in the annual Children's Miracle Network Hospitals fundraising campaign, raising money for that store's local children's hospital and making a big difference for children in their home community. Since 1999, Love's has raised more than $40 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Being generous with time and labor is vital as well. Whether it's tutoring local students or volunteering at area food banks or the local Boys & Girls Clubs, Love's employees stay active in their communities. Volunteerism is a key component of how Love's develops leaders both at its corporate offices in Oklahoma City and at its stores nationwide.
Love's is also longtime supporters of Truckers Against Trafficking and its efforts against human trafficking.
Love’s issues monetary or in-kind donations to organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Organizations holding a current nonprofit tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- A recognized government entity: state, county or city agency that are requesting funds for public purposes
- Organizations located outside the Oklahoma City metro area will be considered for smaller community grants if they are located in the communities in which our stores are located
- Preference is given to organizations with an emphasis on education and youth programs
- Organizations which work to improve the community
- Health-related organizations
Love’s does not make contributions to the following:
- Political candidates
- Tickets for purchase that will benefit shows or circuses
- In-store fundraising solicitation for a nonprofit organization
- Religious causes
All requests must be submitted online and all applications must be completed in full. We no longer accept requests via phone or mail. Please allow 30 to 45 days for processing your request.
If your request meets these guidelines, please click below to fill out an online request form.Apply for a Grant Finish or View My Application