Love's Travel Stops to expand CNG network on I-40
OKLAHOMA CITY, October 21, 2014 – Professional drivers and motorists will soon have access to compressed natural gas (CNG) at another location along I-40. The existing Love’s Travel Stop in West Memphis, Arkansas, will be the seventh Love’s location along the busy interstate to have Love’s Fast-Fill CNG for heavy-duty trucks, and a CNG fueling option for passenger vehicles.
"With the opening of this location, professional drivers and motorists can travel more than 1,300 miles along I-40 between West Memphis, Arkansas, and Williams, Arizona, using Love’s CNG," said Frank Love, co-CEO of Love’s. "Expanding our offerings along this major interstate, and others across the country, makes CNG a viable option for more types of trucking applications."
Love’s Fast-Fill CNG is designed for over-the-road fleets. CNG is available in-lane along with diesel and diesel exhaust fuel (DEF). It offers a fill rate of greater than 10 gallons per minute, meaning a driver can fill a 100 gallon equivalent tank in 10 minutes or less. The new location will allow Swift Transportation, which operates one of the largest for-hire commercial carriers in the country, to add to their growing CNG fleet.
"We’ve entrusted Love’s for many years to provide us with a quality product for our diesel powered trucks and this addition gives us the same level of reliability at another location for our CNG units," said Richard Stocking, president & COO of Swift Transportation. "As we add CNG trucks, it’s imperative that we have access to dependable locations to fuel nationwide."
With Love’s Travel Stops located directly on interstates and highways, drivers have easy access to CNG adjacent to stores with all the amenities necessary to support their needs. Drivers also have the benefit of earning points on their My Love Rewards cards when purchasing CNG.
CNG is expected to be available at the West Memphis location by spring 2015.
Fast-fill locations now open:
1. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – I-40, Exit 140
2. Willis, Texas – I-45, Exit 95
3. Houston, Texas – 610 Loop, Exit 24A
4. Dallas, Texas - I-35/I-20, Exit 466
5. Ft. Worth, Texas - I-35 W, Exit 40
6. Katy, Texas – I-10, Exit 737
7. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – I-40, Exit 166
Fast-fill locations coming soon:
8. Rockwall, Texas - I-30, Exit 283
9. San Antonio, Texas – I-35, Exit 144
10. Seguin, Texas – I-10, Exit 604
11. Amarillo, Texas - I-40, Exit 74
12. Burbank, Ohio – I-71, Exit 204
13. Williams, Arizona – I-40, Exit 163
14. Albuquerque, New Mexico – I-40, Exit 158
15. Ardmore, Oklahoma – I-35, Exit 32
16. Webbers Falls, Oklahoma – I-40, Exit 287
17. West Memphis, Arkansas – I-40, Exit 280
Founded in 1964 by Tom Love, Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Okla., and remains entirely family-owned and operated. With more than 330 locations and more than 200 Love’s a Tire Care centers in 39 states, Love’s approximate growth rate is 20 stores per year. Love’s is currently ranked No. 9 on Forbes Magazine’s annual listing of America’s Largest Private Companies. To learn more, go to www.loves.com, Facebook (www.facebook.com/lovestravelstops), or follow @LovesTravelStop on Twitter.